Hearing loss is usually a gradual process, making it easy to overlook the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Although children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. You wouldn’t disregard a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you monitor the health of your hearing?
Here are 6 reasons to get your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be exposed by day-to-day situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I frequently ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to turn up the TV volume? Do noisy settings make discussions hard? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing loss runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax buildup, or noise-related hearing loss, can be recognized early on by routine hearing exams, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Inherent medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. Addressing these conditions might improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, letting you fully engage in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us today to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enrich your life.